Amplified IT, LLC
Effective Date: June 20, 2016
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide you with our innovative Tools and Services and to operate our business. We collect Personal User Data, Tool or Service Specific Data, and Anonymous User Data in support of these efforts.
- “Personal User Data” is information that can be used, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information, to identify you as the user of one of our Tools or Websites. This may include your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and location.
- “Tool or Service Specific Data” includes any information provided by you as part of the functionality of a Tool or the provision of the Services. This may include personal information about you as the user, account username, password, and student information such as student name, email rosters, and class codes.
- “Anonymous User Data” is information that is anonymous, aggregate, de-identified, or otherwise does not reveal your identity. Some examples include school identifiers, IP address, Internet service provider, browser and operating system, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time spent on our Websites or using the Tools, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Websites you visit, the number of links you click while on one of our Websites, search terms, website traffic and related statistics, keywords and/or other data.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may also collect Anonymous User Data from our Services. This information may be used to improve our Services or Tools and provide customers with additional information about our products and services.
- Tools. You will be required to provide your email address when you use our Tools. We do not collect any other Personal User Data through your use of our Tools unless you are specifically prompted for participation within a Tool’s dashboard where we may collect Tool and Service Specific Data. You will be provided with an ongoing opt-out option when prompted for any additional information. Our Tools are explicitly designed not to prompt for or collect Personal User Data from student users. The Tool and Service Specific Data collected will be used for the exclusive purpose of providing you with access to paid features of the Tools.
We may collect Anonymous User Data such as the domain (e.g. “myschool.org”) portion of your email address or other activity markers that allow us to analyze and report on aggregate user behavior. We use this information to improve our Tools, report usage to existing domain customers, to maintain license subscriptions, and for contacting schools that may be interested in our Services or Tools.
- Tools with Access to Google Services. During installation, our Tools may ask either you or the domain administrator for the School to authorize us to take actions on your behalf within the services provided by the Google Platform. This authorization process utilizes OAuth2.0 protocols and provides our Tools with a token that allows us limited access and the ability to take specific actions within the Google Platform (“Google Services“).
Unless explicitly initiated by you, no information from within the Google Services is ever shared with us, stored by us in your Google account in a manner that is publicly accessible, or held at rest in a data storage location that is not directly under your control via your Google account.
- Websites. We may collect Personal User Data from visitors on our Websites via web forms. This may include contact information, geographic location, information about the nature of pre-sales inquiries, product feedback, and support requests. Visitors volunteer the information they wish to share. We gather Anonymous User Data from your use of our Websites including browser type, time on page and click behavior. We use this information to better serve our current and potential customers, to identify future customers and to make improvements to our Services, Tools and Websites.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Services and Tools. In order to enable us to provide the Services we may provide Personal User Data or Anonymous User Data to certain third-party business partners whose products are complementary to our Services. This may include information related to the School and its IT liaison.
- Advertising. We do not share your Personal User Data with any third-party for advertising purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share Personal User Data or Tool and Service Specific Data with service providers who provide us with technology services such as web hosting, payment processing and analytics services. Personal User Data and Tool and Service Specific Data is provided to service providers strictly for the purpose of carrying out their work for us. When student Personal User Data is required, we require service providers to implement the same commitments to safeguarding student Personal User Data that we do.
- As Required by Law or to Protect Rights. We may be required, subject to applicable law, to disclose your Personal User Data or Tool and Service Specific Data if: (i) it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority or as otherwise required by law, (ii) such a disclosure would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) it is necessary to protect our legal rights or property, (iv) it is necessary to protect the legal rights or property or physical security of others, or (v) for the prevention or detection of crime and such disclosure is lawful.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Amplified IT is committed to protecting the security and privacy of your Personal User Data and Tool and Service Specific Data including the Personal User Data of the students in the schools we serve. We comply with applicable laws and regulations, which govern or apply to our Tools and the provision of our Services.
- Information Security. We maintain strict administrative, technical, and physical procedures to protect any Personal User Data and Tool and Service Specific Data that is stored on our servers against unauthorized access, theft and loss. Access to Personal User Data and Tool and Service Specific Data is limited to those employees or contractors who require it to perform their job functions and are bound by strict contractual confidentiality obligations. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, user/password credentials and two factor authentication to safeguard access to Personal User Data and Tool and Service Specific Data. Any data transmitted between a local Device and Google or our cloud servers is sent in https encrypted form through a secure website, secure file transfer, or through Google Drive / Spreadsheet infrastructure. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, physical access controls to building and files, and other industry-standard best practices.
- Your Responsibility. Our Tools may contain features that, if used incorrectly, can result in the inappropriate sharing of sensitive information including Personal User Data within the Google Platform. It is solely your responsibility to share sensitive information appropriately when using our Tools.
MANAGING YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- Student Personal User Data Student Personal User Data is provided and controlled by your child’s School. Upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to Personal User Data that we have about your child for the purpose of reviewing and/or requesting changes. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
Parents have the right to ask that the online records of their children under the age of 13 be removed from the storage of any online service provider. If you wish to request that Amplified IT remove your child’s records from our database, please contact the appropriate official at your child’s School and ask them to carry out this action in collaboration with our team. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your child’s records, please contact the appropriate official at your child’s School directly.
- Opting-Out. You may opt-out of allowing us to share your Personal User Data and Tool and Service Specific Data with third-party business partners for the purpose of providing products and services that are complementary to our Services. You may also elect to opt-out when prompted by our Tools to provide any additional information or to allow access tokens.
- Access Tokens for Google Services. If you have installed our Tools and enabled the access tokens for Google Services, you can revoke the access tokens at any time from your Google Account settings. In the case of domain-installed apps, access tokens can be revoked by the domain administrator for your child’s School.
- Deleting or Disabling Cookies. You may be able to disallow cookies to be set on your browser. Please look for instructions on how to delete or disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools on your browser’s technical settings. You may not be able to delete or disable cookies on certain mobile devices and/or certain browsers. For more information about managing your cookie settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you disable and do not accept cookies, some features and services may not be available to you.
- Manage Your Geolocation Services. Most mobile Devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Disabling location services will not allow us to collect your location data (by virtue of the location of your mobile Device) when you use our Tools. Most likely, these controls are located in the Device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your Device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your Device manufacturer.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US