A Google for Education KickStart provides the tailored configuration for your school of every setting in your Google for Education admin console in order to ensure that your domain is set up with EDU best practices from day one.
The KickStart will configure the following key areas to EDU best practices:
Admin console settings
Configuration of company profile, security settings, and domains.
Determining best practice settings for Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Drive, Groups, Sites, Talk/Hangouts, and many more core and additional services.
Tailoring Chrome Management settings as well as recommendations for Chromebook device, network, and user settings.
User account management
Recommendations for Organizational Unit structure, and user naming and provisioning.
Additional services and marketplace applications
Useful services and applications will be recommended to help train, manage, secure, and backup your domain.
1. An initial Kickoff meeting will be carried out to gain an understanding of your school’s planned use of Google for Education
2. A list of questions will be asked and a discussion will take place to customize the configuration for your school’s needs.
3. Amplified IT will then begin creating and configuring the Google for Education domain to the discussed requirements and best practices.
4. A Configuration Guide will be created, explaining why each option was chosen, and will serve as a guidance manual for your school going forward.
5. Upon completion, a comprehensive two-hour training session will take place between your school and Amplified IT’s consultants, who will explain each part of the KickStart Configuration Guide. This ensures that your school understands the admin console, the settings contained within, and the reasons they were chosen.
How it works?
A KickStart follows a structured three-week timeline and starts with a Kickoff meeting to ensure your goals and objectives are clearly identified. After three weeks, the KickStart will be completed and documented in the KickStart Configuration Guide. A review and training session completes the process and is usually held four weeks after the Kickoff call. An expedited service is also available should it be required.
An online estimate can be sent with a cost breakdown of the Google for Education KickStart. To receive one, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. To Get Started
Accept the online estimate and email your PO to email@example.com. We will then be in touch to schedule your Kickoff meeting.