Group Gator is an add-on that gives G Suite Admins the ability to provide delegated management powers for Groups via a simple web interface.
How much more could Google Groups be doing for your organization?
As simple email addresses with Mail, Calendar, Drive, and Sites-sharing superpowers, Google Groups can provide a strong collaboration and communications backbone for running effective schools.
Here are just a few of the many use-cases for groups in schools:
- Admin and teacher team collaboration
- Grade level announcements
- Sports team announcements
- Student club collaboration
- Parent email announcements
Challenges that can prevent schools from getting the most out of Google Groups
Centrally-managed group membership may be perfect for certain use-cases, but what happens if you can’t automate membership sync from a directory? What about cases where allowing staff to manage their own groups is truly the right model?
The native group delegation methods don’t quite fit the reality of users:
- Groups admin user role can manage all groups on the domain — too much authority.
- Group owner user experience is clumsy, opens up many complex settings, and requires the user to be in the groups they manage.
- End-users can’t easily see who is in which groups.
How Group Gator works
The domain administrator assigns delegated group managers via a simple web interface.
Delegated managers view and update group memberships using the Group Gator Add-on for Sheets.
$0 per year
- Delegate up to 5 domain groups
A la carte domain subscription
$250 per year
- Additional 10% discount for GFE Technical Collaborative members
- Unlimited delegated groups
- Dedicated help desk and live chat support
- Group Gator Add-on also available to Google-defined group managers and owners
- Your first 30-days are free when you request a quote below