Creative Apps on Chromebooks are the result of Google’s collaborative discussions with teachers to curate multipurpose apps that enhance the versatility of Chromebooks. These tools help students articulate what they are learning by turning them into creators of multimedia content, giving them a chance to hone career skills while simultaneously learn curriculum standards.
Get to know Creative Apps on Chromebooks
WeVideo is a collaborative video creation app that empowers students to research and edit videos. The benefits include:
- Simple and Intuitive: Basic and advanced features mean you don’t have to be a professional to create high-quality videos.
- Convenient: With cloud-based technology, you can begin a project on one computer and finish on another!
- Full creative control: The sky is the limit! You control the look of your video with the use of various effects.
- Safe and secure: Student data is kept private and is fully COPPA compliant.
Soundtrap is a spoken word and music-making app that fosters student literacy and communication. The benefits include:
- Quick and easy to use: Make music online by simply plugging in your own instruments, or just record a song directly with your computer microphone.
- Cloud friendly: All projects are saved in the cloud, so your work can be easily accessed anywhere!
- Protected environment: All educational accounts come with a walled garden and COPPA compliance to keep young students safe.
- Collaborate remotely: Students and teachers can collaborate via video calls from remote locations. Teachers can also assign projects remotely.
Explain Everything is an interactive whiteboard app that enables students to animate their thinking. The benefits include:
- Always learning: Explain Everything provides teachers and students an opportunity to share thinking, reflect upon knowledge building, and assess both products and processes of learning.
- Create and animate: Creative tools are at your fingertips — all that’s needed is an imagination to construct a masterpiece!
- Instant collaboration: Join projects with classmates and animate your thoughts together in real time.
- Endless discovery: Share your creations on the Discover portal — a place in which Explain Everything users can inspire, watch, and remake projects from around the world.
Can I share to Google Classroom with WeVideo?
Yes, with just a click of a button! Just select the class you want to submit for in the popup that appears, then select the assignment, and finally, click attach to submit.Is there a size or time limit for Explain Everything recordings?
There is no recording size limit, but we suggest to keep the length of an individual slide below 20 minutes.
Do I have to download anything to use Soundtrap?
No downloads are necessary to start creating music in Soundtrap!Do I have to purchase all three apps together?
Yes. In order to obtain the bundled discount, all three apps must be purchased together.