Texthelp offers a range of technology solutions to help students in K-12 schools, higher education, as well as teachers. The easy-to-use literacy support tools give students at all levels extra help with reading and writing in the classroom and at home.
Texthelp’s award-winning literacy solution products make websites and documents more accessible for reluctant readers, individuals with dyslexia along with other disabilities, as well as students whose first language isn’t English. Texthelp can help every young person achieve their full potential by increasing students’ confidence, and improving attainment and examination results.
What does Texthelp offer?
- Cloud-based solution that provides reading, writing, and study skill tools for files being accessed within Google Drive
- Hear Web pages and documents read aloud to improve reading comprehension, with choice of natural voices
- Understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries
- Develops writing skills with word prediction feature
- Supports independent student research with valuable study skills tools
- Makes reading aloud fun and satisfying, even for reluctant readers
- Encourages students to practice reading aloud at their own pace without direct supervision in a relaxed environment, at school or at home
- Frees teachers to listen to each student’s reading progress wherever and whenever it suits them best
- Give students extra help with text-to-speech, dictionary, picture dictionary and translate tool
- Great for early readers, and individuals learning English as a second language (ESL)
- Expands your website’s appeal to a wider audience
- Gives confidence to site visitors who lack digital skills
- Extends your website’s appeal to non-native speakers in other languages
- Complies with legal obligations for website accessibility
- Demonstrates greater social responsibility
- Improves confidence and understanding levels for struggling readers
- Helps students with literacy challenges, including dyslexia
- Assists English Language Learners and individuals with English as a Second Language
- Supports independent learning and understanding
- Easily customizable to your learning platform
Is Read&Write supported on Google Chrome?
Read&Write for Google Chrome is an extension that provides comprehensive reading and writing supports for Google Docs and the Web as well as PDFs, ePubs, and KES files stored in Google Drive.What happens after the free trial expires?
Individuals who download the free trial of Read&Write for Google Chrome from the Chrome store get access to all features free for 30 days. After the trial expires, text to speech and translation supports for Google Docs and the Web remain free. Premium features are available with purchase of a subscription. However, teachers can now receive continued access to ALL premium features at no charge!
What is Snapverter?
Snapverter is an add-on for Read&Write for Google that can OCR text from worksheets, handouts, book pages, photocopies, and other paper based materials from your classroom. It can also recognize and convert text from inaccessible PDF files and images.Can you use the Admin Tool for a group license?
If you are a Google Admin for your domain and have purchased a group license, you can use the Read&Write for Google Chrome Admin Tool to set up and manage your users that will have access to Read&Write for Google Chrome.